2020-2021 Eval Info
Iron Valley United
2020-21 Evaluation Session
2012 birth year evals tentatively scheduled for the week of 6 July
Players from outside the Club (birth year 2002 - 2012) wishing to schedule an eval should sign up by clicking here
Evaluation procedures will follow up-to-date EPYSA Return to Play guidelines and will only be held once authorized by EPYSA. In an effort to pro-actively plan for evaluations, Iron Valley United is asking interested new players to register for free using the above link. Specific evaluation dates & procedures for players born in 2012 will be released NLT 5 July. Older players will be contacted directly NLT 10 July to schedule an evaluation.
Travel Soccer is intended for players who enjoy the game and are interested in developing their abilities beyond the recreational level. Selection to and acceptance of a roster spot is a year-long commitment (August 1 – July 30th). It includes the fall season, the spring season and club-hosted tournaments. Teams may also elect to play in a winter league.
- Professional licensed coaching
- Field maintenance costs
- Turf field rental for lighted practices outside of DST
- League (OR tournament) and player fees for fall, winter & spring seasons
- Referee fees for all league games
- Club-hosted tournaments
List of Teams
- TRYOUTS: Iron Valley United holds tryouts and forms teams each spring for the upcoming Aug-July soccer year. 1-2 tryout sessions are scheduled for each gender/age group on an annual basis. At these sessions players are evaluated by qualified independent evaluators for the purpose of gauging a players skill level. Players are expected to attend the tryout sessions for their age group. Following the completion of all tryouts, teams are formed by the Technical Director of Coaching based on the skill-level and number of players in a given age group. Iron Valley United forms its travel teams with the intent to minimize the skill gap between players on any given team. For this reason, there may be occasions when all available slots are not filled on a team. Iron Valley United will field multiple teams if the player count and skill-levels provide this possibility. The club’s Travel Evaluation and Placement Policy can be found under the Policy section of the club’s website.
- TRAINING: Most teams train two times per week (60-90 minutes per session) during the spring and fall seasons. Training sessions typically run from early August through mid-November for the fall season. Spring training sessions typically run from early March through early June.
- PRE-SEASON TEAM CAMP: All IVU travel teams have the option for a pre-season team camp. These four-day team camps are typically scheduled in early/mid August.
- GAMES: In the fall, most teams participate in league play. In spring, teams may chose to participate in league play and/or State Cup competition. In most cases, games will fall within a 30-40 mile radius of Lebanon County. Higher level teams may elect to play in regional leagues that may require travel of slightly greater distance.
- TOURNAMENTS: Teams are encouraged to participate in tournaments commensurate with USYS Player Development Initiatives during the soccer year. This includes the 2 Iron Valley United sponsored tournaments in October and July. Older teams may elect to play additional tournaments and/or replace league play with tournaments. Tournament play gives teams the opportunity to observe and play against new teams with different styles of play, and to develop team camaraderie in a focused atmosphere. Additional participation costs may be required to cover tournament registration fees for non-club sponsored tournaments. These fees are typically communicated/collected by the coach and/or manager of each team.
Should you have any additional questions about what to expect from your child's participation in the Travel Program, feel free to contact our VP of Travel Soccer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Iron Valley United Philosophy & Successes:
- Top-level competitive program creating better opportunities for youth in our area to play soccer at the highest level commensurate with their individual ability and potential.
- Trained and licensed coaches with minimal training fees to make the program both valuable and economical
- EPYSA President's Cup and Challenge Cup State Champions & Regional finalists, multiple league and tournament championships.
- Grants and Scholarships available for eligible players
Iron Valley United Travel Soccer Program:
Annual cost will be significantly less than most travel programs – current annual costs are approx. $400. These costs cover indoor league play, indoor/turf field rental, field maintenance, spring and fall league registration, referee fees, club-hosted tournaments, training equipment, and other misc costs. Our coaching staff is formally trained / licensed with years of experience instructing youth soccer. Uniforms are purchased by the players and generally cost approximately $100.
All scholarship funding is for registration fees only. NO scholarship will be awarded to cover the cost of uniforms, camps, etc.
Any family is eligible to apply for a scholarship. To apply, simply send an email to email@example.com with a written statement of your financial situation. To respect your privacy, copies of W-2s, pay-stub or tax-returns will NOT be required. Be sure to include the name, age, and sex of the player in your email. IVU recognizes the importance of privacy and shall do their best to maintain privacy of scholarship applicants and recipients. The identities of applicant and recipients shall be shared on a “need to know” basis among the Scholarship Committee only.
All applications will be taken into consideration based on availability of money for scholarships, number of applications received for current season, and the financial needs of applicant. Application does not guarantee a scholarship; applicants will be notified of status in a timely manner. No one will be disqualified from consideration because of sex, race, color, creed or religious beliefs.