Travel Soccer is intended for players who enjoy the game and are interested in developing their abilities beyond the recreational level. Selection to and acceptance of a roster spot is a year-long commitment (August 1 – July 30th). It includes a summer team camp, pre-season training, the fall season, the spring season and tournaments.
- 4-day pre-season team camp (U9+)
- Professional licensed coaching
- Field maintenance costs
- Turf field rental for lighted practices outside of DST
- League (OR tournament) and player fees for fall and spring season
- Referee fees for all league games
- 2 club tournaments
List of Teams
- TRYOUTS: Iron Valley United holds tryouts and forms teams each April for the upcoming Aug-July soccer year. 1-2 tryout sessions are scheduled for each gender/age group on an annual basis. At these sessions players are evaluated by qualified independent evaluators for the purpose of gauging a players skill level. Players are expected to attend the tryout sessions for their age group. Following the completion of all tryouts, teams are formed by the Technical Director of Coaching based on the skill-level and number of players in a given age group. Iron Valley United forms its travel teams with the intent minimize the skill gap between players on any given team. For this reason there may be occasions when all available slots are not filled on a team. Iron Valley United will field multiple teams if the player count and skill-levels provide this possibility. The club’s Travel Evaluation and Placement Policy can be found under the Policy section of the club’s website.
- PRACTICE: Most teams practice two times per week (60-90 minutes per session) during the spring and fall seasons. Practices typically from from early August through mid-November for the fall season. Spring practices typically run from early March through early June.
- TRAINING: In order to supplement the soccer experience provided by our head coaches, each team is provided with 16 club sponsored training sessions during each soccer year. These training sessions are run by paid professional soccer coaches. These training sessions provide our players with top-class instruction from knowledgeable soccer professionals. In most cases, our teams elect to use 8 sessions in the fall and 8 sessions in the spring. These training sessions are typically scheduled in lieu of a team’s regularly scheduled practice.
- PRE-SEASON TEAM CAMP: All IVU travel teams U9+ are provided with a pre-season team camp led by a professional trainer. These four-day team camps are typically scheduled in late-July/early-August.
- GAMES: Teams generally participate in the Lebanon Valley Youth Soccer League (LVYSL), Central Pennsylvania Youth Soccer League (CPYSL) or York Lanco Soccer League (formerly LANCO). However, high-level teams may choose to participate outside the 3 leagues listed above. In the fall, most teams participate in league play. In spring, teams may chose to participate in league play and/or State Cup competition. In most cases, games will fall within a 30-40 mile radius of Lebanon County.
- TOURNAMENTS: Teams are encouraged to participate in tournaments commensurate with USYS Player Development Initiatives during the soccer year. This includes the 2 Iron Valley United sponsored tournaments in October and June. Older teams may elect to play additional tournaments and/or replace league play with tournaments. Tournament play gives teams the opportunity to observe and play against new teams with different styles of play, and to develop team camaraderie in a focused atmosphere. Additional participation costs may be required to cover tournament registration fees for non-club sponsored tournaments. These fees are typically communicated/collected by the coach and/or manager of each team.
Should you have any additional questions about what to expect from your participation in the Travel Program, feel free to contact our VP of Travel Soccer.
2019-2020 Travel Evaluation Information
All players U9-U12 registering for the 2019-2020 season must attend the evaluation associated with their birth year, regardless of the team they are trying to make. U.S. Soccer designates that players are divided according to their year of birth.
If you have any questions about what age group your son or daughter should be evaluated, then please contact Iron Valley United VP of Travel via email at VP_Travel@ironvalleysoccer.org
Evaluations are to be held at Campbelltown Park:
131 Lawn Road, Palmyra, PA 17078
Important Items for Evaluation:
If you did not play with our club in the 2019-2020 season, you will need to provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate upon arrival to the evaluation. All parents need arrive 30 minutes early to each session in order to process necessary paperwork and turn in certificate.
Dates/Time: Sunday, April 7th (Must arrive 30 mins PRIOR to your start time and report to the Registration Area adjacent to the parking lot)
Birth Year 2011/12 12:00-1:00pm
Birth Year 2010 1:00-2:00pm
Birth Year 2009 2:00-3:00pm
Birth Year 2008 3:00-4:00pm
Birth Year 2007 4:00-5:00pm
Birth Year 2006 5:00-6:00pm
Birth Year 2005 and earlier Contact email@example.com
Rain date/Location: Sunday, April 14th - Campbelltown Park
All scholarship funding is for registration fees only. NO scholarship will be awarded to cover the cost of uniforms, camps, etc.
Any family is eligible to apply for a scholarship. To apply, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a written statement of your financial situation. To respect your privacy, copies of W-2s, pay-stub or tax-returns will NOT be required. Be sure to include the name, age, and sex of the player in your email. IVU recognizes the importance of privacy and shall do their best to maintain privacy of scholarship applicants and recipients. The identities of applicant and recipients shall be shared on a “need to know” basis among the Scholarship Committee only.
All applications will be taken into consideration based on availability of money for scholarships, number of applications received for current season, and the financial needs of applicant. Application does not guarantee a scholarship; applicants will be notified of status in a timely manner. No one will be disqualified from consideration because of sex, race, color, creed or religious beliefs.